Before, people think that you went a little overboard when you decided to light up your aquarium with LED system. There isn’t even much knowledge about the importance of LED lights to your aquarium or enough availability of it in the market.
Due to the advancement in technology and information, a lot of people who are into taking care of fish and other plant species in a tank discovered the incredible benefits of putting LED lights in their planted aquarium. Not only does it give your tank a whole new beautiful look but also helps in plant species’ growth and helps fish to easily adapt to their new environment.
This article will be a review about Finnex Planted+ Aquarium LED, its basic functions, pros and cons, and how it stands out from other aquarium LEDs in the market.
- Fully Automated Aquarium LED Fixture w/Controller
- Hands Free: Simulating Fire Red Sunrise to Blue Starry Night
- Four Customizable Color Channels, Dimmable
FInnex Planted+ Aquarium LED Review
If you are looking for a fully automated aquarium LED lights for your tank, you might want to check Finnex Planted+. It comes with a remote controller which allows you to regulate lights and customize it to your desired color.
The LED light comes in four-color channels and can be dimmed to your desired level of brightness. The remote control, which serves as the main control, can simulate sunrise or sunset setting so you can pattern it to the current time outside, thus putting your aquarium in a real-life setting.
You can also preset the 24/7 feature of the LED lights so that you don’t need to set it every day. The cycle of light starts off like a lit dawn, which will later transition into light that depicts a warm morning during sunrise. It will be followed by the intense lighting that signals noon; a red color will appear to represent the sun setting and then finally a blue color which stands for a blue moonlight. This will go on every day depicting the everyday lighting scenario outside the real world. The cycle will continue every day so you don’t need to set it over and over again.
Another cool feature of this LED light is that the remote also controls day elements, so if you want to put a twist to your everyday lighting cycle, you can change the mood of the light to depict cloudy days, thunderstorms, sunny days, or moon lit nights. All you need to do is a single click of the remote’s button.
If you want to customize your own lighting cycle or set a lighting color that will suit your taste, you can easily do so; Finnex Planted+ allows you to save up to four lighting combination. You can also change it if you’ve grown tired of it and can always create a new color combination with different light intensity depending on your mood for the day.
The Finnex Planted+ aquarium LED works fine even in water as it was really designed to stand in water and lasts for a long time. The remote control interacts through a waterproof IR sensor so you don’t need to worry that water might get in the way in controlling the lights.
The main purpose of this LED lights though is to help plant species and other fish grow in the aquarium environment by simulating the real environment of these species. LED lights are also known to help plants species produce significantly. It also helps in the breeding of fish and serves as a tool to imitate a perfect environment for the species inside the tank.
The Finnex Planted+ is made of aluminum and has a water-resistant splash guard to guarantee durability and longevity of usage.
The Finnex Planted+ Aquarium LED is available in five different aquarium sizes, such as 20 inches, 24 inches, 30 inches, 36 inches, and 48 inches. If the size of your aquarium is not on the list, the fixture’s clear legs can be adjusted so it can mount smaller aquariums.
It can also be used for rimless aquariums. The removable inner portion of the legs is perfect for large-rimmed aquariums, while the provision for screws is for regular-sized rimless aquarium.
- A multi-functional remote which allows you to control the lighting mood for your aquarium
- The lighting system supports the health and production of the plants and fish
- A one touch feature that allows you to enable the 24/7 lighting mood
- Up to 4 memory slot for your favorite customized light color combination
- Hands-free cycle automation
- Multiple lighting moods to select from
- Durable and can last for a long time
- Easy to use
- No installation needed, just plug it in and control it through the remote
- Incorporates up to 7000k daylight LEDs to help plants grow and reproduce
- Has timer capabilities
- The life of the whole light relies on the remote; if the remote fails, so does the whole lighting system.
- The larger the size of LED light used, the more expensive it gets.
- There’s no manual control in the main lighting unit so you can’t manually control it if your remote control doesn’t work. It’s either you’ll get stuck with the last color light combination set in the remote.
- Wrong color combination can result to the death of your plants or the growth of algae that is more than what you intended to.
- Short power cord.
If you have enough experience about setting the right color combination to promote a healthy tank environment for your fish and plants, then I recommend the Finnex Planted+ Aquarium LED to help you attain the perfect environment.
The simplicity of the remote makes anyone to be able to control the lighting system. The power output of the Finnex Planted+ is also one of the highest power available in the market, with 29 watts; the power output is really more than enough to supply precious oxygen to your precious plant species.
However, the best feature of this aquarium LED would be the automated 24/7 lighting feature that allows you to put a lighting cycle that recurs every day by pressing a single button on your remote.
So if you want simplicity but a powerful LED system for your tank environment, make sure to get this Finnex Planted+ Aquarium LED since your tank deserves to have the best.
Last update on 2017-09-21 at 21:51 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API